As the days cool down, warm up your nights with a meal that makes the most of the season. We’ve put together a 3-course cannabis-infused recipe series that will help you win Thanksgiving dinner this year. From savory to sweet, you’ll be delighted with each tastefully infused dish that will bring you equally as much relief as it will satisfaction. Let us know how yours came out — tag us @thesourcedispensary on IG with your infused masterpiece.
Creating Cannabis-Infused Cream
All the dishes shown in this article will use the same cannabis-infused cream to simplify your cooking experience. To create this potent, yet delicious, infused cream, follow these instructions:
- 1. In a saucepan, gently scald heavy cream under medium heat before it boils and breaks.
- 2. Add desired amount of distillate syringe and remove pan from heat while quickly stirring to mix the oil thoroughly and evenly in the cream. We used a quarter of 500mg 8 Fold syringe, totaling approximately 100mg for the entire meal, which breaks down approximately 25mg per serving.
- 3. Set aside and let cool before use.
Making Cannabis-Infused Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1-3 lbs butternut squash
- 2 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 to 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With butternut squash cut in half, lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Place face down on a pan and roast until tender throughout. Using a large spoon, hollow out squash and discard tough skin.
- 2. In a soup pot warm olive oil over medium heat then add chopped onions. Ince onions begin to soften. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- 3. Add Roasted butternut squash and nutmeg to pot and stir for 2 minutes before adding vegetable stock. Simmer in pot for for 5 minutes.
- 4. Puree soup, either using an immersion blender or by cooling soup slightly and using a regular blender.
- 5. After tasting soup, season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Serve with a dosed amount of heavy cream drizzled on top and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley.
Making Cannabis-Infused Mashed Potatoes
- 4 lbs. of medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- Up to 1 cup of cannabis-infused heavy cream
- Up to 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large pot of water. Add a 1/3 cup of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain and return and potatoes to warm pot to dry (off heat).
- 2. In a small saucepan , warm infused heavy and milk but do not boil. Keep warm and set aside for potatoes.
- 3. Place potatoes in a ricer and press into a large bowl. This will help remove much of the skin but is optional. Mix butter and potatoes with a masher until well combined.
- 4. Slowly add warm cream to potatoes and stir constantly. You may not use entire cream mixture depending on desired consistency. Mix in sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
Making Salted Caramel Apple Galette:
- 2-3 large apples cut into thin slices (we used a mix of Jazz and Pink Lady)
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Pie crust of choice (store-bought works fine)
- ¾ tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Egg wash (1 beaten egg with 1 tbsp. milk)
- ¼ tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 1/8 cup of granulated sugar
Instructions for Apple Galette:
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. Toss apples, lemon juice, spices, sugars, and flour together in a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Roll or cut dough into 12-inch circle and transfer dough to prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Arrange the apples (without the juices) into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border around. Gently fold edges of dough over apples, overlapping to create a pleat. Press gently to seal edges and brush an egg wash over crust.
- 5. Bake until filling is cooked and crust in golden brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with drizzled caramel.
Making Cannabis-Infused Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp. of room temperature salted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/2 cup of cannabis-infused heavy cream
- 1 tsp. of salt
Instructions for Caramel Sauce:
- 1. In a small pot, cook sugar, salt, and butter over medium heat until sugar dissolves and turns a deep amber color. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- 2. Remove pan from heat and pour in heavy cream and stir with wooden spoon. Let cool slightly before using.
Get all of your cannabis-infused recipe needs at The+Source and order online here!